February 1, 2013

Women are now equal...

Only in a backwards fantasyland like America could it be considered progress that women can now suit up and be murdered in foreign occupations for the interests of the corporatist elite.  Here I am thinking that ending wars and the slaughter of helpless people would be progress.  I guess I just don't understand that equality only works with a good dosage of American privilege, because I'll tell you what, all those non-American women dying in our police states overseas certainly aren't free of anything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As a women, you know this in foremost on my mind. I struggle everyday with feelings that women went off the deep end. Instead of honoring the feminine values of collaboration, creation we march right on in and put on suits.

I for one hate suits,(so I don't wear them!)

I have so much to say about this subject. I might have to blog about it.


John Kratky said...

You should blog about it. I'm not so much outraged that women can fight on the battlefield, I believe that is the choice of the individual, I just can't understand how this is progress. To me, they're just getting desperate for more poor people to send out to die.